Saturday, December 26, 2009

Writing on XMas/New Years Break

Alright. Well I made it to Christmas break. 4 Weeks of work with some overtime sprinkled in, I worked last weekend so I just got off working about 12 days in a row. It's good to have time off. I was pretty beat, my hands pretty torn apart by the end of the first stretch (I can't wait for summer and 110 degree weather).

Anyways, I haven't been posting because I am going to transcribe this experience and my greater worldview into a book. I think the country needs it -- next year a clean energy bill will roll around and I want to do everything in my power to support it. Therefore, I am attempting to write Greenlighting America in the next several months, while simultaneously working installing solar panels, and this will be the framework for a story about rebuilding a nation ripped apart by the liberal/conservative binary and unable to function as a whole. Hopefully I can complete it, and it can be my magnum opus. I have already started writing, which is difficult--yet I already know all of what I want and will say, I just need it to crystallize more into a more concrete narrative that I can give to my country, and the world. It is not a story about me, and what I am doing, it is about them, and us, our collective ambition and future, Our Choice but AMERICA's choice, to support and lead the world in clean energy initiatives or fall behind and play follow the leader for the rest of her future.

I will write it. It may not be published, but I will write it. The ideas are there, the voice notes are already being recorded, my heart is in it. I feel it is my purpose, and my calling, and now I just have to structure and create it. I'll keep you updated, but blog posts will certainly fall off. I am going to have to give a lot of time to this, and we will see how it goes.


Here's a quick mock up sketch of the cover:





Until next time,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment